Below is my personal notes after reading “Coaching for Performance” by Sir John Whitmore.
Chap 19: Measurable benefits of coaching
- Improved performance and productivity
- Improved career development
- Improved relationships and engagement
- Improved job satisfaction and retention
- More time for the leader
- Increased innovation
- Beter use of people and knowledge
- People who will go the extra mile
- Greater agility and adaptability
- High-performance culture
- Life skill
Chap 20: How to effect cultural change?
Leadership is at he heart of the living system, consisting of
- People (social and behavioural elements)
- Organisational structure
Ask the right questions.
- Why are we making this change?
- What are the internal and external drivers?
- What are we changing into?
- What needs to change and what needs to remain?
- How will we design and deliver the change?
- Who will do what?
Chap 21: The quality of leadership